Rochester NY Diabetic Foot Care
Our podiatrists offer complete diabetic foot care including exams, foot ulcer treatments and more. Call 585-424-2420 today!
Rochester Podiatry LLP specializes in diabetic foot care services for customers throughout Rochester, NY and surrounding areas. Proper foot care is vital for people suffering from diabetes. Our experienced and knowledgeable team will help to determine the best solution for your particular situation.
There are many complications that can come from diabetes, especially if they are not treated properly. If you have diabetes, you are more likely to develop infections even from a minor foot injury. Foot ulcers are also a common complication, which can easily be prevented with regular foot care and self-examination. However, leaving a foot ulcer untreated can lead to an infection. It is especially important for diabetics to properly care for their feet.
Diabetes is a disease affecting many parts of the body, so successful management requires a team approach. Depend on our experienced podiatrists to take care of your feet.
Our podiatrists recommend regular checkups to ensure your feet remain healthy. Attentive foot care can prevent serious complications from developing, so do not overlook your feet! Some foot care tips for diabetics include:
- Daily feet inspections to check for sores, bruises, toenail changes or cuts
- Thick and soft socks are recommended without seams
- Walking and daily exercise will keep your weight down and improve circulation
- Wear appropriate athletic shoes when exercising
- Avoid walking around barefoot, even in your own home
- Do not remove warts, corns or calluses by yourself - contact our professionals for safe treatment
Like What We Do? Leave a Review!